J. Robert Arnett II is a principal of Carter Scholer. Bob is AV® rated and has been repeatedly named to Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers® list.
Bob has more than 27 years of experience in all aspects of civil litigation at trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts, as well as before domestic and international arbitration tribunals. Bob has represented businesses in the hospitality, commercial and residential real estate, construction, insurance, finance, medical services, corporate services, telecommunications, entertainment, and retail marketing industries. Bob also has significant experience in bankruptcy cases, representing debtors, creditors, creditors' committees, and other parties in interest. Bob has represented all types and sizes of clients, from individuals and small family-owned businesses to publicly traded Fortune 500 companies.
Bob received his Juris Doctorate from UCLA School of Law, where he achieved the Order of the Coif, received multiple American Jurisprudence awards, and served as the Managing Editor of the UCLA Pacific Basin Law Journal for two years. He also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Martin Pence, Senior District Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii. Bob received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Rice University in Houston, Texas. He also served a four-year assignment as an infantry officer in the United State Marine Corps.
Honors and Distinctions:
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ (5.0 out of 5) Peer Review Rating
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Intellectual Property Litigation, 2016-2017
- Selected for inclusion in Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers® (Texas), 2006-2017
- Named to D Magazine Best Lawyers for Business Litigation, 2014-2016
Professional Associations and Community Involvement:
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Virgin Islands Bar
- Federal Bar Association, Dallas Chapter, Member, 2009-present
- Metroplex Technology Business Council (MTBC)
- Board of Directors, 2010 - Present
- Dallas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- The College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
Published Works and Speaking Engagements:
- "Keep Your Lists Safe: Protecting Customer Lists as Trade Secrets," SmartBusiness Dallas, April, 2008
- "Keeping Trade Secrets Secret: Protect Yourself From the Inside," SmartBusiness Dallas, August, 2007
- "Comment, The American Legal System and Micronesian Customary Law: The Legal Legacy of the United States to the New Nations of the Pacific Islands," 4 UCLA Pacific Basin Law Journal 161 (1985)